Best Teeth Whitening in Tucson
Looking for the best Teeth Whitening services in Tucson?
Foothills Family Dental has been the number one professional teeth whitening choice of Tucson since 1984. The dental office of Bryan Foulk has been dedicated to providing our patients with quality care. This means providing the best possible treatment to each patient, whilst keeping their needs and desires in mind.
There are many reasons as to why your teeth might not be as white as you’d like them to be. The most common causes are age, food and drink, tobacco use, and medication. The good news is that you don’t have to live with a smile that you’re not happy with. Teeth whitening can help restore your teeth to their natural brightness.
Our Teeth Whitening Services
The process of teeth whitening lightens the color of a tooth. This can be achieved either by removing and controlling the formation of stains or changing the intrinsic color of the tooth. Products can be used, which actually changes the color of the natural tooth. Bleaching products contain peroxides that assist in removing both deep and surface stains.
Our teeth whitening services in Tucson include chairside bleaching, which usually only requires one office visit. Our dentist will apply either a rubber shield to protect your gums or a protective gel to your gums. Bleach is then applied to your teeth, resulting in whiter, cleaner teeth that you can be proud of!
Tooth Whitener Service Benefits
One of the most obvious benefits to teeth whitening is the appearance your smile will have. A healthy bright white smile! With a smile like this, you will also receive a confidence boost. Not only will your teeth look great and give you confidence but you will also fight off gum disease and tooth decay. In order to maintain your white teeth, you’ll have to practice daily dental hygiene. This becomes a benefit for your overall dental health.
Is Teeth Whitening Expensive?
Everyone would love to have a bright white clean smile, but is it affordable? For the most part teeth whitening isn’t too expensive. On average, without insurance, however, it can cost up to $650. To get a price of how much it would cost without insurance you’ll need to talk to a dentist, like the ones we have here at Foothills Family Dental in Tucson. You will also need to speak with your insurance to find out what your policy covers. If you’re on a tight budget an at-home product may be an option. Just keep in mind that no at-home product will provide the results that a dentist can in his dental office.
Different methods used for teeth whitening
There are a few different methods people have used for teeth whitening. All of these methods can produce results. Some do produce better results than the others, but the price tags also differ. Contact Foothills Family Dental in Tucson today to find out which method is best for you. Below is a list of the most popular treatments used.
- Laser teeth whitening: This option produces the best results but comes with the biggest price tag. On average this method can cost you up to $1500.
- In-Office: This option is probably the safest option. On average this can run you between $200-$1000. The price will also depend on your insurance and the dentist.
- At-home: While this may be the cheapest option, it is also not the most effective. But it is a decent very short term option. An at-home teeth whitening kit can cost you on average $100.
- Whitening trays: This is similar to an at-home kit but sometimes they are done in a dental office. You may get a kit like this directly from your dentist in some cases. These will cost you between $100-$500 on average.
- DIY Method: For some using your typical method can cause issues for their teeth or gums. This is usually due to sensitive teeth. For someone like this, the best option is to avoid drinks and food that stain teeth. These include coffee, soda, and wine. Keeping a regular dental hygiene schedule at home will also help you here. This of course is the cheapest option.
Request An Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I qualify for teeth whitening?
Most people do qualify to receive teeth whitening services. There are some rare cases that would be concerning, so it is best to speak with a dentist before whitening your teeth.
Is tooth bleaching considered safe?
If you’re wondering if this is a safe dental service, the answer is yes. There have been many studies that have proven that teeth whitening is safe. To protect your tooth’s enamel, people use calcium sulfate and fluoride.
What is the average cost?
The price can vary on the method used. Over the counter kits can be as low as $20. While an in office visit can cost between $200-$1000.
How long will the results last?
After you have the teeth whitening process done, you can expect it to last you between six months to two years. In order to keep your teeth white longer you will have to avoid things like red wine, coffee, and smoking.
Will it cause permanent tooth sensitivity
You can expect to deal with some teeth sensitivity after the process is done. This issue however will only be temporary. It should only last one to two days. Your teeth will go right back to normal very quickly.